Inquiring Minds Want to Know ~Part I
1. Do you have a library membership?
2. Do you belong to a bookclub?
Yes, two. One is called READ (Read, Eat and Drink Wine) and one is called The Corset Club and focuses on historical romance.
3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Not to sound cliché, but my favorite book is always the book I’m working on (there is a reason authors say that), so right now it’s Bewitched. This is my 24th book.
4. What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book(s)?
I’m always surprised when they don’t suck as bad as I was worried they would.
5. Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special.
I love all of my characters so much and like the whole “my favorite book is the one I’m currently working on,” it’s a very similar sentiment in that my favorite
characters are the ones I’m writing at any given moment. So, right now, I am
all about Defiance and Roane and all the characters in the Betwixt and Between
series. I adore them all.
6. Where do you get your inspiration?
The better question here is where don’t I get inspiration, and I can’t think of a single thing. Inspiration is all around us. Anything from a song or a painting or a movie to a ripped-up note on the street or a rainstorm on a summer afternoon. It’s all fodder. It’s all inspiring. I just read about a retired Captain in the Coast Guard who risked his life to weather a hurricane so he would be there for any
elderly citizens who could not get out. He is my inspiration today. And
probably will be for many days to come.
Where do you get your inspiration from?